- Northfield, MN
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Northfield, The Punctual Plumber is looking to add new Drain Cleaning Technicians to our elite team of professionals.
Our customers count on us to send the most skilled, reliable, and trustworthy technicians to their homes. All our employees must pass through background screening, including professional license verification and background checks.
If you are a trustworthy problem-solver who is always on time and has a clean driving record, come join the group that actually appreciates those traits. Around here, your strong work ethic will take you as far as you want to go.
We offer competitive pay, full benefits, holidays and paid vacations.
- The Drain Cleaning Technician provides thorough diagnostics of drainage issues and cleans drain lines with drain cleaning equipment.
- Removes drain cover, using wrench. Installs rotary blades on flexible cable, mounted on reel machine, according to diameter of pipe to be cleaned.
- Starts machine to feed revolving cable into opening, stopping machine and changing blades as necessary to conform to diameter or contour of pipe.
- Removes roots, debris, and other refuse from drains.
- Withdraws cable to deposit accumulated residue, removed from pipe, in containers for disposal. Measures distance from drain opening to suspected leak/break.
- Repairs any breaks in piping.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by: Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel. Following safety policies and procedures. Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics. Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates. Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out. Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Must have a minimum of 2 year of verifiable drain cleaning experience in a residential service and maintenance operation.
- Knowledge of plumbing field concepts, practices, best practices, procedures, tools, and equipment.
- Proficiency in iPad, smartphone use, and various applications.
- Clean driving record, background check, and drug free
- Motivated and competitive
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Associate’s degree in related field.
- Field service environment
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts. Rotating schedule to provide service on weekends/holidays.
- Local travel
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs. Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception. Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.