A good sewer pipe goes unnoticed. You don’t even know it’s there, that’s how efficient it is. It’s not until things start to go wrong when we realize simply how important the sewer line is. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is your go-to sewer pipe repair and installation professional. Our team is trained and experienced at providing fast and effective sewer line service that will save you money in the long run.
Northfield, MN homeowners call us for everything from a blocked sewer line to a complete sewer line replacement. Regardless of the size or complexity of the job at hand, we offer the same level of service that will put your mind at ease.
Curious what real people are saying about us? Check out our latest reviews and comments from people in your community.
What are Some Signs You Need Sewer Line Repair?
Noticing the early signs of a sewer line problem could save you hundreds of dollars in the repair. Watch out for the following signs in your home that indicate a problem with the sewer line:
- Foul odors coming from the drain.
- Difficulty flushing the toilet.
- Waiting longer than usual for the toilet to fill after flushing.
- Dirty water backing up into the sink or tub.
- Slow-draining or standing water in the sink or tub.
- Pooling water in your yard.
Depending on the severity of the problem, we may recommend a simple repair or full sewer line installation service.
Download our current active coupons and online promotions to save on your next plumbing project.
What Causes Sewer Line Problems?
Many people believe sewer line problems can only happen in old homes with worn out pipes. This is not the case. Some of the most common sewer line issues are caused by accidents or other unpreventable circumstances. Common causes of sewer line repair include:
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can burst through the sewer line as the roots reach down searching for water. This is why we always discourage homeowners from planting trees near the sewer line.
- Temperatures: A sudden spike in the temperature could cause the sewer line to shift and get disrupted.
- Wear and Tear: This is a common cause of sewer replacements. Did you know using chemical drain cleaners speeds up the process of wear and tear on the pipe?
Other issues include blockages from non-water soluble items or grease as well as construction accidents.