- Northfield, MN
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Northfield, The Punctual Plumber is looking to add new Skilled Maintenance Technicians to our elite team of professionals.
Our customers count on us to send the most skilled, reliable, and trustworthy technicians to their homes. All our employees must pass through background screening, including professional license verification and background checks.
If you are a trustworthy problem-solver who is always on time and has a clean driving record, come join the group that actually appreciates those traits. Around here, your strong work ethic will take you as far as you want to go.
We offer competitive pay, full benefits, holidays and paid vacations.
The Skilled Maintenance Technician will apply their technical skills and knowledge with hardware tools and electrical equipment, basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, carpentry, dry wall repair, sheet rock, painting, and more. Responsibilities could include, light electric, plumbing, carpentry work, lifting of heavy machinery, and more.
- Identifies potential problems to prevent premature and/or unexpected breakdowns/callbacks.
- Maintain accurate documentation of service calls and time management.
- Submit all complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain properly clean and stocked service vehicle.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings.
- Participate in periodic inventory and truck inspections.
- Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use all tools in a safety conscious manner.
- Explains each service performed to the client each time a maintenance or repair is completed and ensures complete customer satisfaction.
- Explains Club Membership Agreements to every client, maintains a 25% Club Membership conversion rate on repair clients.
- Documents Price Book task codes on all invoices for each diagnostic, repair, and installation performed.
- Documents Part Sheets listing, corresponding job numbers and parts used on each job and turns in to the office daily.
- Debriefs with dispatch after completion of every job.
- Calls in for PO numbers for any materials picked up at suppliers and provides cost before and after taxes to ensure accuracy.
- Turns in all parts receipts/packing slips daily and has corresponding job numbers written on them.
- Provide pricing to the customer for approval prior to performing any work.
- Retains 90% of Membership Clients and maintains an 85% appointment conversion ratio in the home.
- Maximizes lead opportunities based on company’s business plan.
- Participate in all company sponsored training classes.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by: Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel. Following safety policies and procedures. Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics. Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates. Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out. Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Must have verifiable skilled maintenance experience
- Knowledge of hardware tools and electrical equipment, basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, carpentry, dry wall repair, sheet rock, painting, and more.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Basic change order cost estimating experience.
- Proficiency in iPad, smartphone use, and various applications.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Associate’s degree in related field.
- Field service environment.
- Exposure to sounds associated with power tools.
- Exposure to dust and other debris.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts. Rotating schedule to provide service on weekends/holidays.
- Local travel.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.